Evergreen Line starts weekly Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia service
EVERGREEN Line commenced a weekly Vietnam-Malaysia-Indonesia (VMI) service in early December, expanding its southeast Asia network and adding capacity to a growing intra-Asia trade route.
The carrier is providing this new loop by adding new port calls at Port Kelang and Ho Chi Minh City to its recently launched PTP-Indonesia (PIS) feeder service, effectively combining it with its Vietnam-Straits Shuttle (VSS) feeder service.
The VMI service will turn around in 14 days on the following port rotation: Ho Chi Minh City, Kuantan, Tanjung Pelepas, Jakarta, Tanjung Pelepas, Port Kelang and back to Ho Chi Minh City. It uses two vessels, the 1,164-TEU Ever Apex and the 1,038-TEU Uni-Concord.
- Evergreen spends US$390m on 10 more 2,800 TEU container vessels
- Hapag-Lloyd revises port calls of Europe to Australia (EAX) service
- Asia-Australia rate recovery is spurred by capacity reductions
- Number of idle box ships surges by 52pc in November from October, says Drew...
- Amazon purportedly running secret air cargo operation called 'Aerosmith'
- US third quarter GDP up 2.1 per cent on high inventory growth