Evergreen Line starts weekly Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia service
EVERGREEN Line commenced a weekly Vietnam-Malaysia-Indonesia (VMI) service in early December, expanding its southeast Asia network and adding capacity to a growing intra-Asia trade route.
The carrier is providing this new loop by adding new port calls at Port Kelang and Ho Chi Minh City to its recently launched PTP-Indonesia (PIS) feeder service, effectively combining it with its Vietnam-Straits Shuttle (VSS) feeder service.
The VMI service will turn around in 14 days on the following port rotation: Ho Chi Minh City, Kuantan, Tanjung Pelepas, Jakarta, Tanjung Pelepas, Port Kelang and back to Ho Chi Minh City. It uses two vessels, the 1,164-TEU Ever Apex and the 1,038-TEU Uni-Concord.
- Port Klang sees box throughput surge 11pc to 13.2m TEU in 2016
- UK forwarders call for more details on Brexit plans
- April launch of new alliances could create uncertainity in the market
- Antwerp port raises market share to occupy No 2 spot in Europe
- Port of Wilmington to get new cranes to work larger Panama vessels
- China plans multimodal transportation network to ease road congestion