Evergreen Line starts weekly Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia service
EVERGREEN Line commenced a weekly Vietnam-Malaysia-Indonesia (VMI) service in early December, expanding its southeast Asia network and adding capacity to a growing intra-Asia trade route.
The carrier is providing this new loop by adding new port calls at Port Kelang and Ho Chi Minh City to its recently launched PTP-Indonesia (PIS) feeder service, effectively combining it with its Vietnam-Straits Shuttle (VSS) feeder service.
The VMI service will turn around in 14 days on the following port rotation: Ho Chi Minh City, Kuantan, Tanjung Pelepas, Jakarta, Tanjung Pelepas, Port Kelang and back to Ho Chi Minh City. It uses two vessels, the 1,164-TEU Ever Apex and the 1,038-TEU Uni-Concord.
- OOCL levies US$24/TEU low sulphur surcharge on Asia-Gdansk run
- FMC to order carriers to provide data to monitor US west coast congestion
- EU industry lobby wants trade safeguards against China to stay in place
- US east coast dockers' union chief refuses to give up chassis inspections
- Drop in idle fleet signals possible rise in charter rates
- Five months of dredging in Hong Kong waters, speed limits apply