Evergreen Line starts weekly Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia service
EVERGREEN Line commenced a weekly Vietnam-Malaysia-Indonesia (VMI) service in early December, expanding its southeast Asia network and adding capacity to a growing intra-Asia trade route.
The carrier is providing this new loop by adding new port calls at Port Kelang and Ho Chi Minh City to its recently launched PTP-Indonesia (PIS) feeder service, effectively combining it with its Vietnam-Straits Shuttle (VSS) feeder service.
The VMI service will turn around in 14 days on the following port rotation: Ho Chi Minh City, Kuantan, Tanjung Pelepas, Jakarta, Tanjung Pelepas, Port Kelang and back to Ho Chi Minh City. It uses two vessels, the 1,164-TEU Ever Apex and the 1,038-TEU Uni-Concord.
- US east coast dockers threaten one-day strike to protest automation
- Dredger finds WWII bomb at Portsmouth, RN detonates it safely
- Antwerp pioneers night work - biggest terminals open 24/5 March 20
- Korean new boy SM Shipping starts on intra-Asia before trying transpac run
- Maersk, MSC, HMM to launch transpacific service run by HMM from April
- Chengdu-Europe rail route to be operated by 1,000 trains in 2017