Evergreen Line starts weekly Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia service
EVERGREEN Line commenced a weekly Vietnam-Malaysia-Indonesia (VMI) service in early December, expanding its southeast Asia network and adding capacity to a growing intra-Asia trade route.
The carrier is providing this new loop by adding new port calls at Port Kelang and Ho Chi Minh City to its recently launched PTP-Indonesia (PIS) feeder service, effectively combining it with its Vietnam-Straits Shuttle (VSS) feeder service.
The VMI service will turn around in 14 days on the following port rotation: Ho Chi Minh City, Kuantan, Tanjung Pelepas, Jakarta, Tanjung Pelepas, Port Kelang and back to Ho Chi Minh City. It uses two vessels, the 1,164-TEU Ever Apex and the 1,038-TEU Uni-Concord.
- G6 merges Asia-US west coast services, but other loops remain unchanged
- Mediterranean Shipping Co names 19,224-TEU MSC Sveva at Le Havre
- Troubled Hanjin far from cutting needed deal on charter fees
- Hull holed after Cosco 8,500-TEUer side-swipes Panama Canal wall
- Rotterdam first half market share edges up 0.3pc while tonnage falls 3pc
- Barcelona first half volume up 13pc to top 1 million containers