Evergreen Line starts weekly Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia service
EVERGREEN Line commenced a weekly Vietnam-Malaysia-Indonesia (VMI) service in early December, expanding its southeast Asia network and adding capacity to a growing intra-Asia trade route.
The carrier is providing this new loop by adding new port calls at Port Kelang and Ho Chi Minh City to its recently launched PTP-Indonesia (PIS) feeder service, effectively combining it with its Vietnam-Straits Shuttle (VSS) feeder service.
The VMI service will turn around in 14 days on the following port rotation: Ho Chi Minh City, Kuantan, Tanjung Pelepas, Jakarta, Tanjung Pelepas, Port Kelang and back to Ho Chi Minh City. It uses two vessels, the 1,164-TEU Ever Apex and the 1,038-TEU Uni-Concord.
- 2M takes advantage of Hanjin's exit by adding Far East-USWC capacity
- Hapag-Lloyd orders 5,750 reefers for South America-Europe trade
- Busan container volumes increase 5.5pc to 1.69 million TEU in July
- Hanjin must discharge stranded cargo to survive: bankruptcy court
- China capital outflow unrelenting, 24th month, August worst since January
- Shipping industry braces for more challenges ahead following Hanjin collaps...