Evergreen Line starts weekly Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia service
EVERGREEN Line commenced a weekly Vietnam-Malaysia-Indonesia (VMI) service in early December, expanding its southeast Asia network and adding capacity to a growing intra-Asia trade route.
The carrier is providing this new loop by adding new port calls at Port Kelang and Ho Chi Minh City to its recently launched PTP-Indonesia (PIS) feeder service, effectively combining it with its Vietnam-Straits Shuttle (VSS) feeder service.
The VMI service will turn around in 14 days on the following port rotation: Ho Chi Minh City, Kuantan, Tanjung Pelepas, Jakarta, Tanjung Pelepas, Port Kelang and back to Ho Chi Minh City. It uses two vessels, the 1,164-TEU Ever Apex and the 1,038-TEU Uni-Concord.
- CMA CGM hikes Asia to Mozambique rate US$150/TEU from October 15
- Kuehne + Nagel to lose Carrefour and close big French warehouse.
- SC Line enters new era linking US with Cuba with combi ro-ro car carrier
- US boxship goes to the rescue of fleeing Cubans on Styrofoam raft
- Record 3.7 million TEU handled by Georgia ports as volume rises 17pc
- Hapag-Lloyd IPO expects to US$500 million, selling $400 in new shares