New Zealand Freight Transport Summit 2008
The freight transport sector in New Zealand is alive with new investment, and major strategies are being planned for port rationalisation, infrastructure, rail and coastal shipping.
The New Zealand Freight Transport Summit 2008 will bring together senior managers and decision makers from the country’s ports, port terminal operators, rail track owners and operators, intermodal terminals, trucking companies, air freight operators, exporters, importers, government and shipping companies to discuss the future freight transport needs for the country. This event will be an excellent opportunity for you to network with your peers and experts in freight, as well as giving you a thorough up-date on developments in freight transport.
The summit is hosted by Lloyds List Daily Commercial News, the leading maritime, transport, trade, logistics and shipping newspaper, in association with the Australasian Railway Association, and supported by key transport and infrastructure industry associations, including The Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport In New Zealand, Customs Brokers & Freight Forwarders Federation (NZ), and The Institution of Professional Engineers New Zealand.
Lloyd’s List DCN has secured an exceptional speaker faculty including:
· The Hon Maurice Williamson MP, Spokesman for Transport, Communications & Information Technology, National Party
· Roy Weaver, CEO, Port of Taranaki
· Wayne Thompson, CFO, Ports of Auckland
· Dr Anthony Ockwell, Executive Consultant, Meyrick and Associates (Australia)
· Rod Grout, CEO, Pacifica Transport Group
· Tony Friedlander, CEO, Road Transport Forum New Zealand
· Bryan Nye, CEO, Australasian Railway Association
· David Jackson, CEO, Toll NZ
· William Peet, CEO, ONTRACK
· Nigel Jones, General Manager Supply Chain Strategy & Procurement, Fonterra
· Stephen Selwood, CEO, New Zealand Council of Infrastructure Development
Don’t miss the two post summit workshops being held on Friday 18th April 2008 at the Duxton Hotel, Wellington. Workshop A covers environmental issues, and carbon emissions management. Workshop B focuses on strategies for combating skills shortages within the industry. The workshops are separately bookable.
Further your networking opportunities by attending the ARA Members Dinner, being held on Wednesday 16th April, 7pm – 11pm (venue to be confirmed).
- The 4th Shipping Finance Service Summit 2012 - December 5th -6th Shanghai, ...
- Controversial charter party disputes and renegotiations to take centre-stag...
- The 2nd Annual Shipping Finance China Summit 2011
- Asia Green Shipping Summit 2011
- THIRD CHINA MARITIME CONFERENCE AND EXHIBITIONMARCH 16 – 18, 2010 HONG KONG
- THIRD CHINA MARITIME CONFERENCE AND EXHIBITION