Read MoreCompany Profile
Eastgate Maritime Corporation
Eastgate Maritime Corporation was established in 1987 to supply qualified Filipino seafarers for ocean-going vessels as well as provide full international shipping agency services for ships calling the Philippines. On the same year, the company obtained a contract for general agency representation for Showa Line Ltd. of Tokyo, Japan.
The Company has attained a name that stands for total quality management in the Philippines. It has gained prominence in the maritime industry, particularly, in the shipping agency and ship-manning sector.
The company officers are pioneers and expert in shipping operations, expanding experience of about 20 years. It has a highly disciplined and dedicated organization. Over the years, it has represented various international shipping lines whose vessels call Philippine ports. Its effective management system and strict supervision have ensured capable representation and protection of shipowners and charterers’ interest.
In 1998 upon commissioning of Sual, Pangasinan Power Plant, Eastgate Maritime Corporation was appointed by the Charterer to handle the first coal shipment. Considering that Sual is a new port, which require an expert to handle the agency, National Power Corporation has nominated the company based on performance, dedication and professional management system to handle the agency. The port of Sual, Pangasinan is one of the most difficult among other ports but because of the company commitment to provide our client the most effective management approach, and professional supervision the first coal shipment at Sual, Pangasinan was handle successful.
The National Power Corporation because of its commitment to their suppliers, to provide a well experience and dedicated partner in business, Eastgate Maritime Corporation was appointed as their local agent for Sual, Masinloc, and Batangas power plant in all coal shipments. Other than, Pangasinan Power Plant, Zambales Power Plant, and Batangas Power plant, our company also handles coal shipment of Southern Luzon Power Plant in Pagbilao Quezon.
The company also caters agency services in other subports in the Philippines like Cebu, Dumaguete, Panay Island, Northern Visayas Island, and all other outports in Mindanao Island both loading and discharging cargoes. We are one of the few companies accredited by Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority （SBMA） to conduct agency business at Subic Bay Free Port. We have handled several ship repairs and dry-docking at Subic under keppel.
At present our representation includes the following major shipping companies:
Golden Ocean （U.K.） of London Sincere Industrial Corporation of Taipei
Cido Maritime Corporation of Korea
Masumoto Shipping of Japan
Wah Shun Shipping Co. Ltd., of Hongkong
Iris Marine Ltd., of Tokyo, Japan
Showa Line Engineering Co. Ltd., of Yokohama, Japan
Glencore Asia Ltd., Hongkong
Main Office: Eastgate Centre
169 EDSA, Mandaluyong City
Metro manila, Philippines
Profile （Tramp Ship Agency）:
Eastgate Maritime Corporation represents both regional and international clients, providing professional services in handling all kinds of vessels. We have built up expertise in handling vessels for our principals in the following trades:
Oil and Chemicals
Dry Bulk cargo
Extensive market coverage
Eastgate Maritime Corporation offers an efficient market coverage through a network of offices in combination with well-working and proven sub-agents, strategically located in major Philippine ports.
Our ship agency offices are located in the following:
Cagayan De Oro City
1. We are familiar with all-local market requirements, rules and regulation in each location and have developed close relations with:
All Port Authorities （Customs, PPA, Immigration, Quarantine, etc.）
Marine Contractors （Tug operators, watchman, marine suppliers）
Other important institutions or persons
2. Central Accounting capability for extensive range of ports, providing shipowners’ savings （fewer remittances, less administration）.
3. Ability to provide information on local political and trade developments.
4. By working with local staff, we have better knowledge of local market requirements/procedures, etc. Problems can be solved more easily with staff knowing the local circumstances.
5. We provide our customers a 24-hour, 7 days a week service. Our staff is working according a duty roster and can be reached through their mobile phones on a 24-hour basis. Our staff is dedicated to each vessel and preferably to each owner in order to ease communication.
6. Service quality throughout the Philippines.
7. Our office network allows the coverage of virtually all-Philippine ports.
8. “Cost efficient quality service” is our slogan on which all our personnel are focused. Our training programs ensure that our personnel are able to maintain the high quality of service towards our customer within the Eastgate Group to be provided to customers.
Scope of Services
The scope of port agency services to be provided by Eastgate Maritime
- Full Agency services （including cargo operations）.
- Husbandry/Protective/Supervisory Agency services.
- Sending pro-forma disbursement accounts promptly and accurately.
- Sending cargo documents and statement of facts promptly and accurately.
- Liasing with local （port） authorities.
- Immigration formalities （both vessel and crew）.
- Crew Changes – We can guarantee speedy and cheaper handling of Off/On signers of all nationalities.
- Transportation services （owner/charterer’s representatives and crew）.
- Sea protest handling for shipmaster.
- Ships spare part and store delivery.
- Arrangement of fresh water and bunker supply.
- Waste disposal delivery.
- Mail and document delivery.
- Arranging discounted air tickets, visa transportation, accommodation for crew/representatives.
- Arranging docking, class survey and repairing.
- Ships and cargo delivery/re-delivery survey.
- Prompt execution of pro-forma disbursement accounts.
- Full financial control of port costs and funds received.
- Management of principal funds.
- Handling cash to master.
- Timely finalization of disbursement account.
FOCAL POINT OPERATIONS
Operations and Finance will be controlled from Manila in order to avoid dealing
with too many persons with EASTGATE and, we suggest the following
The “Focal Point” of contact for liaison on all operational and accounting
matters will be based in Manila；
The initial appointment message and operations information will be sent by
EASTGATE MANILA to our dedicated operational staff in the respective
The dedicated staff for the respective vessel in the respective ports are
contactable on a 24-hour basis and one totally responsible for the handling
of the vessel until the departure and preparation of the final disbursement
EASTGATE MARITIME CORPORATION
SHIPPING AGENCY AND MARINE SERVICES DEPT.
Capt. Emmanuel L. Regio - President
Mr. Mariano V. Araneta Jr. - Exec. Vice President
Ms. Amelia M. Nepomuceno - Accounting Manager
Mr. Bernardo T. Tabaosares, Jr. - Manager – Maritime Services
Capt. Emmanuel L. Regio - Chartering In-Charge
Mr. Bernardo T. Tabaosares, Jr. - Maritime Services Manager
- Eastgate Maritime Corporation
- Shipping Agency
- Eastgate Center Bulding 169 Edsa, Manadaluyong City, M.m. Phils.