Chongqing's international container volume increases 14pc in first quarter
CHONGQING has posted a 14.1 per cent increase in first quarter container throughput year on year to 97,000 TEU, Xinhua reports.
The city's international shipment tonnage totalled to 1.92 million tonnes, up 16.5 per cent.
International air freight surged 160 per cent to 25,100 tonnes. Waterway foreign trade containers jumped 59.7 per cent to 72,000 TEU, tonnage increased 15.5 per cent to 1.88 million tonnes.
- Moody's: Global shipping sector faces risks from falling US oil imports and...
- Shipping and aviation emissions in the context of a 2°C emission pathway
- Cross-NWE clean freight rates plunge on weak fundamentals: sources
- Iron-Ore Ships Decline as China Uses Stocks Instead of Imports
- Oil-Tanker Rates Fall Most in Six Weeks as Demand Seen Stalling
- Rates plunge to their lowest level since February 2012