Guangdong quarterly provincial box volume up 3.4pc to 10.37 million TEU
GUANGDONG provincial ports, which include all ports but Hong Kong in the Pearl River Delta, posted a first quarter 3.4 per cent increase in container volume to 10.37 million TEU, Xinhua reports.
Municipally, Guangzhou lifted 3.25 million TEU, up 12.1 per cent; Shenzhen was up 0.4 per cent to 5.1 million TEU; Zhanjiang increased 21.2 per cent to 94,100 TEU and Shantou handled 270,400 TEU, up 12.3 per cent.
Overall provincial cargo throughput came to 302.23 million tonnes, up 5.2 per cent year on year. Guangdong's foreign trade cargo throughput increased 9.4 per cent to 108 million tonnes. Domestic trade cargo grew 3.2 per cent to 194.23 million tonnes.
Guangzhou handled 98.51 million tonnes, up 5.2 per cent. Shenzhen's increased 6.4 per cent to 53.48 million tonnes. Southern Guandong's Zhanjiang port lifted 42.79 million tonnes, up 11.9 per cent. Eastern Guangdong's Shandong port lifted 10.51 million tonnes, 11.5 per cent more than in the same period a year ago.
- Supply/demand: Asia-Med-More misery in the Mediterranean
- Baltic Exchange woos brokers with stock to up ship futures trade
- S Korea's 380 CST bunker premium falls to two-month low on ample supply
- Oil-Tanker Rates Gain Most in Two Weeks on Demand to Book Ships
- R/V Point Sur Uses FloScan to Reduce Operating Costs
- Maersk to Extend Cost Cuts as European Imports Founder